Often considered one of the most versatile vegetables on the planet—mushroom varieties are nearly endless with at least 14,000 known species existing throughout the world. Many people are familiar with the most commonly sourced types of mushrooms including portobello and shiitake which are widely used as ingredients in different types of recipes, but fewer people are knowledgeable about less known varieties that have profoundly positive health side effects.
Mushrooms not only can be implemented into different food recipes, they’re also vitamin and nutrient dense health foods that can provide a wide range of benefits to individuals that consume them. As a low calorie source of fiber, protein and antioxidants—mushrooms can help to prevent or treat a number of different diseases and ailments.
In this piece we’ll dive into the various health benefits of mushrooms and how they can help improve your health and vitality when consumed on a regular basis.
What are Mushrooms?
Mushrooms are the fleshy, spore-bearing parts of a fungus that grow above ground or on soil. Although they have been around for thousands of years, it wasn’t until a few centuries that their practicality became more widespread. While many types of mushrooms are in existence, it can sometimes be difficult to differentiate between edible and inedible types.
Mushrooms have often been used as food, medicine or even as spirituality guiding aids over the centuries, but became more commonplace in recipes in the last several centuries.
With a vast nutrient profile, mushrooms contain a number of vitamins and minerals including:
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin D
- Potassium and more
Certain species of mushrooms such as truffles are often considered forms of delicacies used in expensive recipes and dishes throughout the world. Although mushrooms are considered a fungus by nature, they can also improve your health in a number of different ways.
The Health Benefits of Mushrooms
According to the US Department of Agriculture, the average American consumes approximately three pounds of mushrooms on an annual basis. Although mushrooms are a savory addition to many types of recipes, there are a number of health benefits associated with regular consumption.
Here’s a few of the most common health benefits:
- Decreases risk of cancer: an Academic review of over 17 studies has shown that consuming 18g of mushrooms per day may help decrease the risk of getting cancer by over 45%. As a rich source of various amino acids and antioxidants—mushrooms may actually prevent or repair cellular damage (1).
- May lower blood pressure: studies have shown that mushrooms may actually be a useful meat substitute that helps to reduce sodium intake and could help decrease blood pressure levels as a byproduct in the process (2).
- May lower cholesterol levels: one research study found that subjects suffering from diabetes were able to lower cholesterol levels when they consumed moderate amounts of mushrooms on a consistent basis (3).
- Improves cognitive function and brain health: in a study comparing over 2,000 edible species of mushrooms, it was discovered that mushroom consumption may help to improve and enhance cognitive abilities (4).
- Strong source of vitamin D: many people who are unable to regularly be exposed to sunlight may have insufficient vitamin D levels. Consuming mushrooms can help to supplement lack of vitamin D absorption (5).
- Improves immune system function: individuals may be able to benefit from improved immune system function when regularly consuming mushrooms in their diet (6).
Regularly consuming mushrooms can greatly impact a person’s overall health and well-being. In addition to being a great ingredient in many types of recipes—mushrooms may even help aid in preventing and treating various types of diseases.
The Secret Mushrooms You’ve Never Heard Of
If you’ve been looking for the next step in improving your workouts, chances are you may not have thought about mushrooms as being the key to unlocking your full performance potential. However, did you know that various types of mushrooms may actually help you increase your energy levels, improve focus and enhance power levels?
At the Ambrosia Collective, we’ve created a new and truly innovative Mushroom-Enhanced Pre-Workout formula in the form of our latest product, Kinetic. Our unique blend of pre-workout/nootropic ingredients will provide you with sustained energy levels, a sense of hyperfocus and deliver power to unlock your greatest strength and performance capabilities.
Created with a unique 1500mg organic mushroom blend—Ambrosia’s Kinetic will help delay your fatigue, enhance your brain activity and increase the amount of oxygen you consume. As a result, you’ll experience a clean burst of energy to help improve your output and increase your physical performance in ways never before thought possible!
Our 100% all-natural, no-jitters energy booster is created with CoffeeBerry to provide a strong stimulus to help power you through your workout in ways traditional caffeine doesn’t. Packed with 3g of creatine, you’ll also experience explosive strength and keep your body powered through strong, safe and effective workouts.
If you’re looking for an all-natural alternative to traditional pre-workout supplements that will help you have the best workouts of your life, look no further than the Ambrosia Collective’s Kinetic to help give you a boost of energy needed to perform at the highest level possible.
If you have any more questions about Ambrosia’s Kinetic, feel free to reach out to us for more information and support. What are you waiting for? Take the first step towards the best workout of your life today!